Become a proficient MTM Service provider
The MTM program is aimed at equipping pharmacists, pharmaceutical technologists, and healthcare professionals with all the skills and information they need to initiate and incorporate MTM services in their usual medication services.
What is the MTM Course about?
This is a beginner to intermediate certificate course intended to inform and educate healthcare professionals about Medication Therapy Management. The program is aimed at equipping pharmacists with all the skills and information they need to initiate and incorporate MTM services in their usual medication services.
There is an increased demand for pharmacists and pharmaceutical technologists to expand their role in the delivery of healthcare services. This calls for the medication professionals to do more through promoting better health outcomes, a goal that can be better achieved through medication therapy management (MTM) services.
The advantage is that Medication Therapy Management builds on the skills that healthcare professionals already have. It adds specific understanding and skills that are directly related to the MTM Practice.
This course consists of 12 modules that take an novice to an MTM expert in under two weeks depending on your schedule. This course is online based and is designed to be pursued based on an individual’s pace.
Top 4 reasons for taking MTM course
Key features of the MTM Professional Course
Meet the Course Author
Dr Joseph Murithi Kathare is a champion of Medication Therapy Management Practice model in in Kenya and in Africa as a whole.
- He holds Diploma in Pharmaceutical technology, B. Pharm from KIU and currently pursuing MSC. In pharmacology and toxicology UoN.
- He holds MTM certificate for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians- American MTM practice model.
- He runs a fully-fledged Medication Therapy Management consulting, first of its kind in Africa, which is currently in its fourth year.
- He has trained face to face more than 50 pharmacists and given talks, seminar to more than 1000 pharmacist and pharmaceutical technologists on awareness of MTM practice model and benefit to patients on chronic medications.
- Some of the professional associations impacted by Dr. Kathare include HOPAK ( Hospital pharmacists association of Kenya), Kenya Pharmaceutical Association (KPA), Union Kenya Registered Nurses
He has also developed collaborative practices with several physicians
We provide our clients with affordable pricing plans
Silver PlanFor dedicated online learning
Access to 70+ online MTM Lessons
Free access to module updates
Certification at end of course
Gold PlanIncludes private coaching
All benefits in Silver Plan
A 2-hour private coaching
20% discount on MTM software
Platinum PlanFor busy pharmacists
All benefits in Gold Plan
Full private coaching
One month access to MTM Publications
Free full-year shipping on MTM products